31st Oct 2017
At Upper38, we’re completely MOtivated for MOvember and are here to help – as well as raising charity funds through sales of the fun Brume MOvember Moustache packs, we’re offering FREE moustache trimming/shaping/advice with every gents’ haircut.
But we thought it might be useful to give, particularly MOvember MOvices (novices! – see?) a few ideas and tips on simple styles.
FIRSTLY THOUGH – THE FUNDAMONTAL RULES (see picture above called Rules!) So, for new MOBROs, and maybe MOSISTAS, we’ve started with the basics – we won’t bang on about this too much here as many of you will know them, or once you register at www.movember.com, the site quickly guides you to, and through, whatever level of involvement you want.
NOW, SOME EASY TO GROW AND MAINTAIN MOUSTACHE TYPES
1. THE BARELY THERE – maybe an option for those whose facial follicles are a little challenged (this picture is Justin Bieber). KEY TIPS – keep other facial fuzz very clean shaven and your tache will look more defined – if you need to, borrow an eye liner pencil from a MOsista to “plump” it up a bit.
2. THE PENCIL – Errol Flynn – this one just exudes sexy European style and elegance (uhhm so might be outlawed post Brexit!) KEY TIP – trim back from nose to lip bit by little bit till you get the best look and again, consider the eye liner to give more definition.
3. THE RON BURGUNDY – cousin to the FREDDIE MERCURY and the TOM SELLECK – it’s all about sex baby…… this is luxuriant, testosterone charged hairiness at its best. KEY TIPS – keep this beauty trimmed up with nail size scissors, nipping the ends off — also watch out for the remains of lunch trapped in your foliage (biodegrading food never added to anyone’s sex appeal!).
4. THE HORSESHOE – Samuel L Jackson really rocks this slightly more complex look. KEY TIP – symmetry is all for this one – wonky ain’t gonna cut it – so always get a second opinion before heading out the door.
5. THE HANDLEBAR – this more challenging shape will require maintenance and product (hair wax/pomade will suffice) as worn by mythical French waiters and Poirot. KEY TIP – not for the MOBRO in a rush – this will require time in front of the mirror, and a steady hand.
6. WARNING – NOT THIS ONE! – we know some of you will be tempted, but we strongly recommend you think it through carefully – the TOOTHBRUSH, synonymous with one Mr A. Hitler of Berlin. Very few have pulled it off -Charlie Chaplin (of course!) and Ron Mael (of Sparks fame), also Richard Herring (comedian) who grew one for the Edinburgh Festival. TIP DON’T DO IT!
Whatever you decide to do, whatever level of MOVEMBER involvement you take, have fun with your facial fuzz and let’s get men (and women) talking about men’s health and welfare issues.
milk_shake hair products have a fantastic porfolio of professional products that include a range of colours, shampoo, conditioner, intensive hair treatments and hair styling products that will all become the perfect additions to your daily hair care routine.
Part of the Z-one concept group, a young, innovative and dynamic Italian company offering hair and beauty products worldwide.
milk_shake offers the benefits of milk and fruit for wellbeing and beauty to satisfy the needs of the discerning consumer and salon professional.×
The Kaeso ethos is to embody naturally derived ingredients with essential treatment formulas to deliver effective and luxurious professional products. All products are free from Parabens, Sulphates, Propylene Glycol and Mineral Oil.
Kaeso’s unique formulations are made with the finest, natural ingredients to assure the highest quality skincare. Natural ingredients are a fundamental part of the formulas and have been from the start. The formulation team at Kaeso source proven and effective botanical extracts and are committed to choosing ingredients that are renowned for their true benefits to the skin. Each product has been carefully designed to meet with Kaeso’s Innocence Criteria.
Kaeso and Upper38 offers an array of specialised treatments to address the individual preferences and skin’s changing needs. Within the extensive Kaeso collection, there is a fusion of natural products that maintain and restore your body, mind and well being and allow you to create a simple and personalised regime to achieve great results.×
With strong hold and just the right amount of shine that doesn’t dry out, this Pomade has it all. The best bit – it washes out with no fuss.
Deluxe Pomade has been designed for the discerning kinda guy who has a particular style in mind. Perfect for timeless, classic looks – such as high pompadours, side parts or slick-back sides×
One of the World's best known grooming pomades for men, Upper38 use and stock both Blue Reuzel Pomade, and Red Reuzel Pomade.×
Got dreadlocks? Always wanted ‘em? Since 1998, Knotty Boy DreadStuff dreadlock products have been helping hundreds of thousands of people, worldwide and of ALL hair-types, get nappy and happy. Knotty Boy all-natural (and sweet-smelling!) products make starting, maintaining and now even REMOVING dreadlocks fast, clean and SO easy. Yes indeed, knotty boy products, are a great selection of dread products that are especially designed to make your dreadful journey as speedy and easy as possible.×
Spray tanning for a natural looking tan – A professional spray tan that’s good for you
Is now more popular than ever before thanks to our developments in product formulations and application equipment.
Gone are the days of the ‘orange’ jibes that plagued the industry, as Sienna X spray tanning now gives a gorgeous, natural- looking tan without the inherent dangers of skin damage that can result from over exposure to UVA/B rays, letting you look stunningly tanned all year round.
Just some of the reasons why you should have a Sienna x spray tan, its …
Quick – takes just 10 minutes
Safe – no UVA/UVB to damage your skin
So natural looking – different strengths to suit your skin type
Good for you – no wrinkles just nourishing/moisturising ingredients
High profile – top shows and celebrities love Sienna X
Confidence boosting – you’ll love the way it makes you look and feel
men-u is a multi-award winning, critically and media acclaimed range of men’s grooming products available from top salons and barbers. It is a revolutionary line of high performance, ultra concentrate products. A little goes a long way!×
Men Are Not Women
Men have their own styles. Their own cuts. And their own attitude. To blend the gray from a man’s hair, you need techniques and products crafted specifically for him.
For more than 15 years, American Crew has been the salon brand that men trust. Now we’re introducing a gray blending system for their unique needs. It gives you the ability to create natural colour men want in just five minutes.×